USD 490 is participating in the Salvation Army 'Stuff the Truck' at the El Dorado Walmart
On Wednesday, Dec. 1, the Salvation Army will be hosting its "Stuff the Truck" toy, canned food, and coat drive at the El Dorado Walmart, and Unified School District 490 will be helping in the district-wide service project.
The El Dorado Public Schools will be organizing the food portion of the drive by grade level to help balance the food needs expressed by the Salvation Army.
- Grades PreK through 1 - Jello and/or Canned Fruit
- Grades 2 through 5 - Canned Corn and/or Canned Beans
- Grades 6 through 8 - Boxed Stuffing and/or Gravy Mix Packets
- Grades 9 through 12 - Boxed Instant Potatoes
- Other items: Mac-n-Cheese, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix, Jelly, Pancake Mix, Syrup, Muffin Mix, Canned Vegetables, Canned Fruit
Students are asked to bring donations of food, toys, or coats to help those in need during the holiday season. Schools will be collecting donations from Nov. 17 through Nov. 30.
This year, the Salvation Army has expressed that they are in particular need of toys.
They will also distribute a performance schedule prior to the event in the hope that parents and patrons will join in the fun way to give back.