Jessica Dunegan's design was the winner

Judges for the Augusta Flag Contest presented two final designs to the public last month and 331 people voted.  Online votes numbered 270, while 61 people voted in person at the Augusta Public Library.  
The public vote ended on Dec. 18, 2018.  The flag design by Jessica Dunegan, received 74.5 percent of the vote, with the other 25.5 percent going to another design.
Johnna Smith, a member of the Augusta Arts Council board, stated, “Thank you to everyone who submitted designs, each one was truly remarkable.
Again, thank you for being a part of this event celebrating Augusta's 150th Anniversary. May the city's new flag be a reminder of our grand heritage, and a visual representation of our vibrant future for years to come.”