The El Dorado USD 409 Board of Education recently appointed Rob Lane to fill a vacancy on the BOE.
Other news from the meeting included:
• Recognition of Kansas School Bus Safety Poster Contest Winner – Kinley Nielsen
• Blackmore – Chad Schuetz, teachers Denise Johnson and Amanda Yager, and School Counselor Christie Henderson shared practices being used at Blackmore Elementary to aide Social/Emotional Learning.
• State and Federal Programs Update – DeDe Pierce Blackmore Assistant Principal and LCP Coordinator, provided a review of the State and Federal Programs including Title I, II, IV and V programs, State ESOL and State At-Risk.
• Enrollment Report – Superintendent Sue Givens provided the unaudited FY19 enrollment numbers. Enrollment headcount is up 20 students and students transported shows an increase of 62 students.
• KASB Video “Governance Model” – postponed to the November meeting.
The board approved the revised Interlocal Agreement for Special Education Services as recommended.
The board approved the following USD 490 recommendations.
Gary Melcher, EHS Assistant Football Coach;
Crystal Cousins, Bus Aide/Sub Van Driver; Howard Goldsmith, PAC A/V Tech;Sandra Gulick, Bus Driver;
Amy Joiner, Sub Van Driver and Sub Custodian; Kody Melugin, EMS Boys Basketball Coach; Diane Miller, Bus Driver/Bus Aide;
Savanna Newman, Night Custodian at Blackmore; Lindsey Porter, Bus Driver;
Paula Thornton, Bus Aide;
Matt Callaway, Maintenance/Grounds, replacing Curt Johnson; Danicka Hon, Bus Aide/Sub Van Driver, replacing Kim Sampoll; Hilary Koehn, Parent Educator, replacing Tiffany Schuetz;
Bryan Pinkerton, Custodian at Blackmore, replacing Cathy Madison; Jody Pringle, Building Aide at Blackmore, replacing Leta Kocher;
Ivanna Dewitt, Custodian at Blackmore; Curt Johnson, Maintenance/Grounds; Brandi Lanning, EHS Food Service; Casey Lippoldt, EHS Baseball Coach; Mariauna Mays, Sub Custodian;
David Riggle, Bus Driver;
Sue Givens, Superintendent; (eff. June 2019)
Cally Bitterlin, Megan Fowler, Kody Melugin, Marna Schowalter, Brent Vancuren
Rebecca Boender, from Bus Aide to Sub Bus Aide;
Miranda Cecchini-Roosevelt, from Bus Aide to Driver;
Leta Kocher, from Bldg. Aide at BE to Project Lead the Way Aide at Skelly.