Major projects in north part of town
Augusta City Lake Road and streets in Lakeside II Addition and the Family 1st Living community will be improved and repaired this summer.
Residents will receive a notice before work begins. Contractor APAC Kansas, Inc. and subcontractor Dustrol, Inc. request that vehicles are removed from the street between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Residents will be able to access driveways during most of the work. However, access will be limited at times. Please do not operate sprinklers during road construction.
The Pride and Progress bond initiative funds the Augusta City Lake Road improvements. City street sales tax revenues fund maintenance and repairs in the Lakeside II and Family 1st Living communities.
Augusta City Lake Road near Cottonwood Point Senior Living: Crews are starting at Augusta City Lake Road this week. The road will be closed for a couple of weeks for paving from the parking lot entrance at Cottonwood Point Senior Living south to Augusta Avenue, including the parking lot by the boat dock. Paving this section will help with drainage problems.
Augusta City Lake Road near Shryock Park: Crews will then pave Augusta City Lake Road east of Shryock Park from (and including) the north parking lot to the south trail crossing. Shryock Park and the splash pad will remain open during construction until the parking lot crossing is paved, which should take a couple of days. The remainder of this section of road will be closed for a couple of weeks.
Lakeside II Addition
Beginning Monday, June 25, crews will repair and replace streets and curbs in the Lakeside II Addition in four phases. Each phase will take 10 to 12 days, and one will be completed before the next begins.
• Woodland Drive from Ohio Street to Ridgecrest Road
• Post Road from Woodland Drive to Ranchwood Drive
• Ridgecrest Road from Woodland Drive to Ranchwood Drive
• Ranchwood Drive from Ohio Street to past Ridgecrest Road • Brookdale Road from Ranchwood Drive to Huntington Road • Ridgecrest Road from Ranchwood Drive to Huntington Road
• Huntington Road from Ohio Street to Ridgecrest Road • Susan Street from the cul-de-sac to Arnold Drive
• Arnold Drive from Ohio Street to past Country Lane • Steven Street approaching Arnold Drive
• Stephanie Street approaching Arnold Drive
• Susan Street approaching Arnold Drive
• Country Lane approaching Arnold Drive
Family 1st Living Community
Crews will repair and replace streets after the Lakeside II Addition is complete. A start date has not yet been determined. Work will take approximately 10 to 12 days.
• Ridgewood Drive from Fanny Avenue to Campbell Road • Cedar Lane from Fanny Avenue to Ridgewood Drive