Butler County Times Gazette
  • Michael Harmon: Making the most of our lives, part 2

  • Life will either make us better or bitter
    • email print
  • There are three things that we have no control over in our lives.
    We cannot control what people say, think or do. The better person learns how to overcome such behavior. How?
    First, in making the most of life we must learn how to forgive. When we learn how to forgive; and be forgiven, there is a peace, which surpasses all understanding. Paul writes: “And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you” (Ephesians 4: 32).
    The admonition is addressing Christians, but the principle could be a mandate for all to live by.
    Second, in making the most of life we must learn how to love. Unconditional love is the love that surpasses all others. Unconditional love can and does solve all problems in families, homes, marriages, churches, and business organizations.
    “Love never fails” (1 Corinthians 13: 8).
    In making the most of life, rise above the hurt, and the wrong done to you.
    Finally, in making the most of life we must learn how to be happy. Just remember life is 10 percent of what happens to us; the other 90 percent is how we will react to it. Solomon writes: “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones” (Proverbs 17: 22).
    Life will either make us better or bitter. Choose to live, life as a better person.
    In doing so, you will have made the most of life!
    Michael Harmon is the minister of the Augusta Church of Christ. michael@augcoc.kscoxmail.com
Terms of Service

    Events Calendar