Davis recognized by Andover city Council
City of Andover Chief Financial Officer Donna Davis received an award at the Andover City Council meeting Tuesday evening for excellence in financial reporting.
The Government Finance Officers Association award is for the City's comprehensive annual financial report.
The certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting has been awarded to Davis for 15 straight years. Additionally, it's the 24th year in a row for the City.
"It turns out to be an annual award for Donna Davis for excellence in accounting," noted Mayor Ben Lawrence.
The City Council also:
* Approved a temporary use request by the Andover Chamber of Commerce for a June 28 Andover Chamber Summer Bash at the Plaza Shopping Center.
* Approved Sewer Revenue Bond call notice.
* Accepted plans and authorized staff to solicit bids for the 21st Street entry monument.
* Approved an ordinance approving a special use at 1009 West US 54 for a camper and recreational vehicle sales facility.
* Approved the annual School Resource Officer agreement for 2014-2015 with the addition of language related to adding two additional SROs.
* Approved a bid by APAC Kansas in the amount of $683,857 for the 2014 Street Rehab Project for portions of Andover Road and Crescent Lakes subdivision.
* Presented Andover Police and Fire Foundation scholarships to two Andover Central High School recipients. Abigail Labeth and Nicholas Fulghum received the scholarships.
* Received a dividend check from Dusty Davis of EMC.
* Approved a street closure and traffic redirection for a Crescent Lakes barbecue on June 28 from 5 to 9 p.m.
* Approved a Lakeside Drive and Fairway Circle street closure in Green Valley for a pool party on June 21 from 2 to 10 p.m.
* Declared May 2014 as National Bike Month.
* Proclaimed May 15 Peace Officers Memorial Day.
* Heard a report on the Andover Bike and Wellness Fair that took place last weekend.
* Heard plans for a Memorial Day 5K run in the park.
* Heard Roger Elliott of the Andover Board of Education thank the City for their support of the School Resource Office program. Last week at the Andover Board of Education Annual Service Awards a Golden Key Award was awarded to the Andover Police Department for their support.