Central Kansas Community Foundation (CKCF) awarded $42,353 to charities in Central Kansas on April 17
The Central Kansas Community Foundation (CKCF) awarded $42,353 to charities in Central Kansas on April 17.
These grants are made possible by the Central Kansas Kids FUNd which was established to fund local charities focused on improving the lives of children in our communities.
“Each year we have we receive more requests for funding for youth programs,” said Sandra Fruit, executive director of CKCF.
In fact, she went on to say more than $100,000 in requests were received this year alone. Fruit acknowledged that, “because of the generosity of donors like L. Marie Haun and others, we are able to make these awards. We know a great many needs will be met because of these grants. Yet, a gap remains.”
The Community Foundation can assist donors wishing to make a difference for this fund and other by making a donation, or establishing their own fund.
The Central Kansas Kids FUNd is funded with proceeds from the L. Marie Haun Children’s Charitable Fund, discretionary funds and private donations. The Central Kansas Kids FUNdaims to support projects and organizations that directly benefit the children, now not only in Harvey County, but in any service area of the Central Kansas Community Foundation and its affiliates.
Kids FUNd Facts 2014
• Central Kansas Kids FUNd began in 2005.
• Central Kansas Community Foundation has awarded more than $126,000 in Central Kansas Kids FUNd grants since 2005.
• Last year, the Central Kansas Community Foundation distributed $42,196 in Central Kansas Kids FUNd grants. This year a slight increase to $42,353.
• The funding request limit for area charities was increased to $2,000 from $1,000 in 2011 and in 2013 it is increased to upwards of $5,000.
• This year the L. Marie Haun Charitable Fund for Children and private donor gifts will provide funds for the Central Kansas Kids FUNd grants. From 2005 through 2013 the Sand Creek Pro Am provided support to this fund.
• Recipients are chosen by a selection committee made up of community volunteers.
2013 Central Kansas Kids FUNd recipients include:
• Harvey County DV/SA Task Force, Inc.: Building Better Lives for Children and Youth – $4,150
• Asbury Park: Conscious Discipline – $3,215
• Prairie View, Inc.: Critical Thinking Through Literacy and Art – $3,275
• Episcopal Social Services, Inc. : ESS Teen Intervention Program – $3,615
• SCARF: Sunlight Child Advocacy Center – $1,743
• Families And Communities Together, Inc.: Growing Connections with Families – $4,250
• EmberHope: Sparking Hope – $2,740
• Family Life Center of Butler County: Family Life Center Child Advocacy Program – $4,000
• Tri-County CASA, Inc.: Tri-County CASA, Inc. – $4,000
• Catch A Special Thrill Foundation: C.A.S.T. – $2,000
• First United Church of Christ Newton: Ready, Set, Grow!!! – $800
• Kansas Learning Center for Health: Harvey County Summer BIG Fit – $2,500
• Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Pediatric Health and Wellness Survivorship Program – $500
• Newton Medical Center: NMC Speech Camp – $1,500
• Hesston Community Foundation: Outside the Ball – $4,065
Final Awards: $42,353
Contact Sandi Fruit to discuss options for giving or visit atwww.centralkansascf.org.