Ready for reading
The Augusta Public Library’s Summer Reading Clubs for kids, ages infant through fifth grade will kick off on May 27 with a performance by Mr. Kneels Hip-Hop for Families at 3 p.m.
Each week will feature fun and educational programs based on this summer’s theme: FIZZ, BOOM, READ!
A variety of weekly activities are scheduled:
• Tuesday activities will include a “Play With Your Food” day featuring multiple food-related science experiment stations, BINGO and Make-It-Take-It Craft days.
• Club Meeting Days will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays. Children meet with other kids their age for a fun hour of stories, crafts and hands-on activities.
• Friday Flicks feature movies with free popcorn from 10:30 a.m. to noon every Friday.
The following special programs are scheduled throughout the summer, please visit the library’s Web site at: www.augustapubliclibrary.com, or the Kid’s Facebook page at AugustaPublicLibrayKids for specific dates and times.
• Great Plains Nature Center with animal guests
• Clement McCrae Puppets & Marionettes
Children are encouraged to read a set number of minutes and/or complete assorted literacy activities each week from May 27 through July18 to earn a prize package.
The Augusta Public Library provides special summer programs for children, tweens and adults. For more information, go to the Web site www.augustapubliclibrary.com or call 316-775-2681.
Belinda Larsen can be reached at email@example.com.