The Bible gives us principles for successful living
Americans are driven to succeed and sometimes at any costs.
Did you know that the Bible gives us principles for successful living?
David writes such principles in the 119 Psalm. This is an alphabetic acrostic poem, which means that every eight verses begin with a letter from the Hebrew alphabet.
Psalm 119: 57-64 is the ninth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, which gives us seven principles for successful living. They are:
1. Have a resolute purpose for living. The Psalmist declares; “I have said.” (V 57)
2. Pray; “I entreated Thy favor.” (V 58)
3. Self-examination of yourself; “I have considered my ways.” (V 59)
4. Conquer procrastination; “I hastened and did not delay.” (V 60)
5. Learn how to handle disappointments; “The cords of the wicked have encircled me, but I have not forgotten Thy law.” (V 61)
6. Watch your associates; “I am a companion of all those who fear Thee.” (V 63)
7. Be a student of God’s word; “...Teach me Thy statues.” (V 64)
If you are seeking to be successful, read the Word of God and follow the directives that God has given to us.
Michael Harmon is the minister of the Augusta Church of Christ. firstname.lastname@example.org