Neal Flickinger is the new full-time superintendent/manager of the Andover Municipal Golf Course
The Andover Municipal Golf Course is set to reopen this Spring and has a new superintendent/manager.
The Andover City Council heard an update Tuesday evening that Neal Flickinger is the new full-time superintendent/manager of the golf course, which will have a soft opening on May 1 and a grand reopening over Memorial Day weekend.
Flickinger will handle all of the day-to-day operations at the golf course.
He lives in Pretty Prairie and has worked at the golf course there for the last four years.
“I’m excited about the opportunity up here,” Flickinger told the City Council. “It’s kind of tough going out there right now, not having any golfers on the nice days. But we’re gonna get there and we’re excited about the possibilities.”
The Andover City Council also:
• approved the use of Central Park by House of Hope Wichita for a fundraising walk from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. on June 21.
• approved an ordinance approving the recommendation of the Andover City Planning Commission to change the zoning classification of 1519 N. Andover Road from B2 to B3.
• approved an American Municipal Services collection service agreement for unpaid court costs and fines and authorized the mayor to sign the agreement. The motion passed with Council Member Troy Tabor voting no.
• approved a resolution amending the Code of Municipal Policies on position descriptions to add a job description for a janitor.
• approved a resolution amending the Code of Municipal Policies on position and salary classification plan for the janitor position.
• approved a resolution amending the Code of Municipal Policies on section position categories. The resolution changes the work week from Monday through Sunday to Sunday through Saturday.