The Andover USD 385 Board of Education approved on Monday evening the 2013-2014 capital outlay expenditures.
Sherame Kneisel presented items recommended for funding through the capital outlay, totaling $265,254.
The items include interior door locks, new alarm system at AMS, washer/dryer at AHS, digital mixing console for ACHS FACS, set of 100 classroom chairs for Sunflower, resurface/level playground area at Cottonwood, two additional pole lights for AMS parking lot, a mower and gym walls scraped and painted at Sunflower.
The Board of Education also:
• discussed middle and high school enrollment guides. Jill Lachenmayr presented the 2014-2015 school year enrollment guide changes, which will be voted on at the February meeting.
• heard Greg Reimer of Busby, Ford and Reimer present the FY 2013 annual audit report.
• heard Lachenmayr update on the curriculum alignment goal. She discussed teacher facilitated collaboration being used to achieve the goals.
• heard a state assessment update. Student learning is measured in Annual Measurable Objectives.
• heard the Superintendent's Report. Superintendent Greg Rasmussen discussed the growing space needs of the Andover eCademy as enrollment continues to rise, the Boundary Committee is reviewing growth and enrollment numbers, and the Safety Committee is participating in "Intruderology" training and the committee is discussing storm shelter locations plans and locations.