The Andover City Council approved Tuesday evening the purchase of two tablet-type computers for a mobile data computer trial project for the Andover Police Department.
Director of Communications and Information Technology Bill Duggan explained to the council the purchases will be used in police vehicles.
The standard police vehicle computers are installed in the vehicles. This will allow the officers to take these out of the vehicles, explained Duggan.
The cost of purchase for the two tablets is $3,979.
The City Council also:
• approved a security system upgrade to the Police Department and City Hall.
• approved a KDOT contract for a supplement for additional inspection on the 21st Street project.
• approved a Class C public fireworks display to take place just after midnight on Jan. 1 at 601 W. Douglas Ave.
• approved a resolution amending the Code of Municipal Policies, adding to Chapter 1 a policy on records retention.
• approved a resolution declaring the entire boundary of the City of Andover.
• approved the 2014 City Council schedule.
• took a number of steps toward a new subdivision named Shadow Rock in what was the Cedar Park Planned Unit Development, including:
• approving a Cedar Park 6th Vacation Order.
• approving an ordinance amending the PUD for the Andover Farm at Cedar Park Subdivision PUD abandonment of Parcel 1.
• approving the plat, street right of way dedication for extension of North Lakeside Drive, Developers Agreement and petitions for sanitary, sewer, paving and water distribution for Shadow Rock.
• approving a resolution for Shadow Rock water improvements, sewer improvements and paving improvements.
• approving an ordinance authorizing the construction of the Shadow Rock improvements.