Each fall, the Augusta Street Sales Tax Advisory Committee (appointed by the City Council) holds two public hearings to take input on proposed street projects for the following year.
Members of the public are invited to attend a public hearing at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 at Augusta City Hall to observe the discussion and/or comment on proposed street maintenance/repair projects for the 2014 calendar year.
For 2014, the committee has proposed the following projects for consideration:
• Gregg Street from Dearborn to Ohio
• Kelly Avenue from Dearborn to Moyle
• Belmont from Dearborn to Ohio
• $80,000 for crack filling/sealing and other preventative maintenance throughout the City
In addition, the Committee has requested recommendations and cost estimates from the city's engineer for repair to the 200 block of East Clark Street to be discussed at the Dec. 17 public hearing. The School Street reconstruction project between High and 12th Street will also be completed in 2014 with funding carried over from previous years' programs.
The Street Sales Tax Advisory Committee is also tentatively considering the following streets for inclusion in the 2015 Street Sales Tax Program for repairs/maintenance (contingent on available funding):
• Huntington from Ohio to Ridgecrest
• Woodland from Ohio to Ridgecrest
• Ranchwood from Ohio to Ridgecrest
• Ridgecrest from Huntington to Woodland
At the end of the public hearing, the Committee will finalize their recommendations for the 2014 Street Sales Tax Program to be presented to the City Council for consideration at the Jan. 6 meeting.