The El Dorado City Commission will be talking about chickens again during their meeting tonight.
The issue of allowing chickens within the city limits was brought up at their last meeting after a resident expressed a desire to have chickens. The commissioners had asked for information on what other communities were doing, finding the majority allowed chickens, some with restrictions on the number and no roosters.
The commissioners agreed this was something they would be in favor of and an ordinance permitting fowl in the city is being presented to them for their consideration.
In other business, the commission will:
• consider bids for a Sixth Avenue sidewalk project.
• consider bids for the southeast quadrant residential sidewalks.
• appoint League of Kansas Municipalities voting delegates.
• will discuss the moderate income housing grant.
• will discuss new business and hear the city manager's report.
• will meet in executive session to discuss trade secrets.
They will meet at 7 p.m. at City Hall.