As construction on the new El Dorado Middle School progresses, the USD 490 Board of Education continues to offer recommendations about how the new school should look.
During their Monday meeting, the board members discussed flooring for the school.
Vince Haines of of PKHLS showed board members several flooring samples.
Haines had been previously instructed by the board to try to find flooring with red in it, which he did.
After reviewing the samples, the board granted its approval to proceed with ordering the materials.
In other business, the board:
• recognized state music participants, Governor’s Scholars, Friends of Education, science fair participants, state forensics participants and drama participants who received Jester Award nominations.
• discussed strategic plan data relating to student achievement.
• discussed state legislative issues that could impact the school district.
• discussed food service management. The board cannot make changes at this point since the state isn't done with its process. Contracts are scheduled to be presented for approval during a June meeting of the school board.
• received student and faculty handbooks.
• received administrative, transportation, food Service and classified handbooks.
• approved no changes to textbook fees for the next school year.
• approved no changes to facility usage fees for the next school year.
• approved no changes to athletic pass fees for the next school year.
• approved personnel recommendations.
• approved BCSEC (special education) recommendations.
• approved resolutions to not renew the contracts of two district employees.