The Central Kansas Community Foundation awarded $42,196 to charities in Central Kansas on April 18. These grants are made possible by the Central Kansas Kids FUNd which was established to fund local charities focused on improving the lives of children in local communities.
Proceeds from the 2012 Pro/Am, the L. Marie Haun Charitable Fund for Children and contributions from individuals have been awarded to 12 organizations serving children in Central Kansas.
Since the inception of the Central Kansas Kids FUNd grant program in 2005, the Foundation has now granted more than $129,000 to charitable organizations with programs designed to help children in the central Kansas communities.
Fruit went on to say requests continue to be greater than there are resources available.
Again this year numerous worthy applications were unable to be funded through the Kids FUNd. While the Community Foundation tries to match donors to such requests contributions are needed.
“There continues to be an opportunity in our community for local residents to consider establishing a fund or making an unrestricted gift to the community foundation,” said Fruit.
Central Kansas Community Foundation has as of 2013 awarded more than $129,000 in Kids FUNd grants since 2005.
Contact Sandi Fruit to discuss options for giving or visit www.centralkansascf.org.
2013 Kids FUNd recipients included:
• Agape Resource Center $2,500
• Asbury Station $3,475
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County $3,901
• Episcopal Social Services $4,370
• Families and Community Together $5,000
• Family Life Center of Butler County $4,500
• Harvey County DV/ SA Task Force $5,000
• Heart to Heart $2,550
• Kids Need to Eat - KS food bank and USD 490 $3,100
• Newton Medical Center $2,400
• Peace Connections - Kids Summer Food $3,000
• Sunlight Children’s Advocacy and Rights Foundation $2,400