City Council meeting 7 p.m. Monday night.
When the Augusta City Council convenes at 7 p.m. Monday night at City Hall two old business items to be discussed are the review and update of the Sanitation Transiition Plan, and review of the City’s Water Restrictions and related issues.
New business items include:
1. Administration of the Oath of Office for the newly and re-elected members of the Council.
A. Recognition of outgoing councilors Mike Huddleston and Mike Martin.
B. Election of the President of the Council.
2. Consider approval of a resolution scheduling a public hearing at 7 p.m.on June 3, 2013, to determine whether a structure located at 1201 Money, Lot 39 is considered a dangerous and unsafe structure and ordering its repair or removal and cleanup of the property.
3. Consider bids for the Kelly and Ohio sewer line replacement project.
4. Consider approval of a lease agreement with D-J Engineering for the use of the City’s 100 LL AVgas http://www.amazon.com/storage tank at the Municipal Airport.
5. Consider approval of a lease-purchase agreement with World Fuel Sales for a jet fuel truck for the Airport.
6. Consider approval of the Park Board’s recommendation for the Garvin Park Playground.
7.Consider approval of a City policy outlining the provisions to dispose of surplus chemical storage tanks from the Water Treatment Plant.
8. Consider approval of the appointment of Jim Sutton, Electric Plant Superintendent to the Kansas Municipal Energy Agency Board of Directors for the City’s Director #1 Position.
9. Consider approval of a cereal malt beverage license for Walmart.
10. Review and discuss the process of the hiring of a new City Manager.