Kansas Press Association's Awards of Excellence
The Augusta Gazette received 15 awards in the annual Kansas Press Association Awards of Excellence.
• Belinda Larsen and Kent Bush were recognized for the third consecutive year for first place in Editorial Pages.
• Jeremy Costello took first place for Best On-line Video (News).
• Kent Bush, Jeremy Costello and Josh Prim placed first in the Best On-line Video (Feature) "Game Night," multiple entries.
• Kent Bush was awarded first place in Series for his "No Sale."
• Belinda Larsen, Kent Bush, and Rhonda Zinn took second place in Best Front Page (various 3 days).
• Kent Bush received second place for Best Environmental Story "No Easy Answers."
• Jeremy Costello took second in Sports Column Writing; "Time Outs," "Retirement of Andy Roddick," and "Chipper Jones."
• Kent Bush placed second in Column Writing for "7 Habits of Highly Successional People," "Gift of Love for a Lifetime," and "Ignorance is the One Way to Stay on Sidelines."
• Kent Bush also placed second in Government/Political Story with "Park Problems."
• Belinda Larsen received third place for Investigative Story with "Incomplete Justice," the article about the murder of Kay Robinson.
• Belinda Larsen, Rhonda Zinn, and Kent Bush received third place in Local Business Story for the Dari-ette story, "Out With the Old, in With the New."
• Jeremy Costello placed third in Sports Story with "Golden Moment: Budda Wins 4A High Jump State Championship."
• Kent Bush placed third in Feature Story with "Linder Honored to Serve."
• Belinda Larsen and Kent Bush took third place in Best Story/Picture Combination with "Fish Salvage Coming to an End."
• Kent Bush placed third in Best On-line Video in News for "Thunder Road Fire."
The KPA Awards of Excellence will be presented at a reception on Saturday, May 4, in Topeka.