Those interested in learning more about food preservation will have the opportunity to do so Saturday.
K-State Research and Extension, Butler County, will be hosting a food preservation program from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Butler County Community Building, 200 N. Griffith.
This meeting is open to anyone interested in preserving foods by freezing, as well as by water bath and pressure canning methods.
Some of the information that will be presented includes:
• Methods used in food preservation (freezing and canning)
• Food safety when preserving
• Equipment needed to do canning
• Basic methods used for water bath canning
• Basic methods used for pressure canning
For more information, contact K-State Research & Extension, Butler Count, Agent Barbara Roths, Family Consumer Sciences, at 321-9660.
Connie Chilcott and Michelle Perez will be co-presenters and Danielle Chilcott and Dalton Perez will be assistants.