Augusta City Council will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday instead of Monday in honor of President's Day.
The Augusta City Council will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday next week in honor of President's Day.
The agenda includes several interesting items.
Downtown Augusta, Inc. will request the use of the City Lake Road for their annual "April Fools Run" on Saturday morning, March 30, 2013. The Friends of Augusta will also request annual funding assistance for the Bugs Bunny Program at the theatre.
The governing body will also hear from the Augusta Lions Club. They are requesting the closure of several streets in the downtown for their Bicycle Clinic to be held on the afternoon of Saturday, April 13, 2013.
In old business, the council will discuss its water restrictions and the Neighborhood Revitalization plan.
Items of new business include:
• Acceptance of the "Consent to Assessment and Waiver of Assessment Proceedings" from Augusta Developers for Lot 2, Block 5 of the Stone Lake Estates Addition.
• Approval of an ordinance amending Ordinance #1920, revising and correcting the special assessments of certain property, and providing for the collection of such special assessments.
• Consider scheduling a public hearing for March 4, 2013 at 7 p.m. to consider a Waiver of Distance Limitation for 429 State Street as provided for in Section 3-306 (b) of the City of Augusta's Code of Ordinances.
• Consider bids for a Police Patrol Vehicle.
• Consider authorizing the design and construction of a replacement waterline between High and 12th Streets.
• Consider the appointment of Jeremy Drake to the Butler County Solid Waste Committee.
The Council meeting is held at City Hall in the upstairs council meeting room and is televised on Cable Channel 7.