The USD 490 Board of Education will continue looking into a food service management company to serve the district at their meeting Monday.
Since the last board meeting, representatives from the school visited other districts that use food service management companies to see how it works in their schools. They visited Ark City, Augusta and Basehor-Lindwood districts. Those schools included all three companies that currently provide food service contracts in the state.
In other business, the board will:
• recognize the League of Kansas Municipalities essay contest winner, Pioneer League 7th grade spelling bee champion, State 4-Speaker debate team, Apple Distinguished School Award recipient and KASB/KanSPRA Publications Awards recipient.
• receive updates on Grandview Elementary, summer programs, evaluation committee, KSDE audit and budget and the legislature.
• consider adopting a math resource.
• vote of the 2013-2014 academic calendar.
• receive bids for light replacement in the EHS gym.
• consider an activity center contract.
• consider the financial audit contract.
• vote on personnel and BCSEC recommendations
• vote on extension of administrative contracts.
They will meet at 7 p.m. in the District Office.