Butler County Times Gazette
  • Electrical problem caused fatal fire in Dodge City

  • Dodge City fire officials say a blaze that killed a woman and child two days after Christmas was caused by an electrical malfunction.
    • email print
  • Dodge City fire officials say a blaze that killed a woman and child two days after Christmas was caused by an electrical malfunction.
    Fire Capt. Ken Spencer said the fire Dec. 27 fire began in an area where a space heater was plugged into an extension cord running behind a couch. The Dodge City Daily Globe reports (http://bit.ly/Ukfih8 ) the home did not have any fire alarms.
    Fifty-one-year-old Luz Maria Conejo and 2-year-old Pablo Antonio Coca-Conejo died of smoke inhalation in the fire. Four people were able to escape the blaze.
        • »  EVENTS CALENDAR