In 2006, the Butler County Commissioners established the funding of community projects through annual allocations received from the wind farm near Beaumont. Applications are received every year for the funding of these community projects.
During Monday’s commission meeting, nine applicants presented their requests for this year’s funding:
• Coutts Museum of Art, which requested help with a planned expansion.
• Butler County Fair Board, which requested assistance with the purchase of new mister fans to help keep fairgoers and livestock cool during the 4-H fair.
• Bluestem USD 205, which requested funds for a planned press box for the football stadium.
• Beaumont Community Association, which asked for funding for a planned community building.
• Rose Hill Historical Society, which asked for funding to save an old one-room schoolhouse.
• Glencoe Township, which requested funds for new cemetery fences.
• City of Douglass, which asked for help with the purchase of an ADA accessible lift for its swimming pool.
• Wheat State Manor, Inc., which asked for help with its physical plant.
• City of El Dorado, which asked for help with expansion of its farmer’s market.
Projects are reviewed by the commissioners based upon merit, need and priority. Decisions about funding will be made at a later meeting.
During Monday’s meeting the commissioners also held a work session to discuss proposed changes to operations at the Butler County landfill.