During their October meeting, the Butler Community College Board of Trustees discussed three new policies that had been proposed.
During their meeting Tuesday, the Trustees approved the tablet computer policy, mandatory training policy and cash handling policy.
The tablet computer policy stipulates tablet computer purchases for employees must be approved by the senior administrator responsible for the employee’s department.
The mandatory training policy stipulates new and existing employees will be provided with some mandatory and some optional training. Mandatory training includes harassment, ethics, FERPA and blood-borne pathogen training.
The cash handling policy outlines properly receiving, safeguarding and depositing cash.
The Trustees also approved the Kansas Board of Regents performance agreement.
The seven goals are to increase enrollment in online classes, increase completion numbers for under-served minority students, increase success rate in introductory college composition course, increase completion numbers in technology related technical STEM programs, increase industry recognized credential attainment, increase proportion of first time, full time students who continue as full time in second semester and increase associate’s degree attainment rate through reverse transfer partnership with Wichita State University.
In other business, the trustees:
• heard a report from President Jackie Vietti and Trustee Jim Wilson about the Association of Community College Trustees conference held in Boston last month.
• approved the search firms of Gold Hill Associates, Hockaday-Hartford and Pauly Group to be interviewed for the job of helping the college find a new president. The Trustees hope to select one of the firms early next month.
• held a work session to discuss the welding program. No action was taken.
• received an operational staff report.
• reviewed the latest criminal statistics and Cleary Act report.
• approved the minutes of the regular board meeting of Oct. 9.
• approved bills and warrants for October 2012.
• approved learning spaces 2012 Project Bid.
• approved Kansas Room Wood Dance Floor Bid.
• approved payment annual fee to Ramona Munsell & Associates, Inc.
• approved BG Products Sports Complex Lease Addendum.
• approved Canvas Learning Management System Contract and initial payment.
• ratified the MOU with the City of El Dorado for Fire Science Instructors.
• ratified the MOU with the City of El Dorado for Fire Science Facility Use.
• ratified the MOU with the City of Wichita for Fire Science Facility Use.
• accepted the retirement of Dan Muhwezi, professor of Behavioral Science.
• received a report on the Fine Arts & Communication Division from Dean Jay Moorman.
Page 2 of 2 - • moved to formalize the board’s decision to convert Butler to a tobacco free college effective with the 2013-14 academic year and approved the Tobacco Free Campus Implementation Charter as written.
• approved a payment in the amount of $130,000, as documented by a pre-payment agreement, to the deferred maintenance fund for BG Products Veterans Sports Complex.