Andover mayor Ben Lawrence says he has selected a candidate to replace Dave Tingley, who resigned from the City Council almost two weeks ago, and is expected to nominate him or her at Tuesday night’s Council meeting.
Tingley explained that a lot has changed for him in recent months, "both professionally and personally." Tingley's business, Plaza Barbers, recently re-opened at Andover Village at 321 S. Andover Rd.
Lawrence said late last week he had a candidate in mind to replace Tingley, “but it would be premature to release that information.” Andover’s City Council meets on the second and last Tuesday nights of the month at City Hall.
Whoever is selected to replace Tingley would have to run for re-election in 2013, should he or she decide do so. Tingley was elected to the Council in 2009.
Also on Tuesday night’s agenda …
* A recognition of Michelle Matson as the 2011 Association of Public Safety Communications Officer–Kansas Chapter Telecommunicator of the Year.
* A Chamber of Commerce request for City membership.
* Approval of a Mayoral appointment to the Library Board.
* Approval of the Police Department purchase of two vehicles.
* A proposal from Poe & Associates for platting of the Andover Industrial Park.