City Council member Dave Tingley resigned from the City Council Tuesday night, citing no longer having the time necessary to devote to the position.
Tingley explained that a lot has changed for him in recent months, "both professionally and personally." Tingley's business, Plaza Barbers, recently re-opened at Andover Village at 321 S. Andover Rd.
He said he has become aware that he does not have the time, but added that he has thoroughly enjoyed his time on City Council.
Mayor Ben Lawrence said he would try to get an appointment out as soon as possible to replace Tingley for the remainder of his term.
The City Council also:
* Recognized Cindy Ehrstein as 2012 Kansas Master Teacher. She will be honored at a 2012 Kansas Master Teacher Awards dinner on April 4.
* Proclaimed April 2012 as Child Abuse Prevention Month.
* Heard a presentation by Lianna Bodlak from the YMCA about the City of Andover Wellness Committee.
* Approved a communications/IT Department request to purchase a vehicle cellular modem and accessories.
* Approved the Mayoral appointment of an Ad Hoc committee to review RFP's received from real estate brokers regarding the Industrial Park and approved Byron Stout as liaison of that committee.
* Approved a Central States Capital Markets, LLC Financial Advisory Agreement.
* Approved a resolution for the underwriting of General Obligation Bonds in the approximate principal amount of $6,500,000.
* Approved the Engagement Letter for Arbitrage Rebate Computation Services with The Arbitrage Group, Inc.
* Approved the property/liability insurance renewal for 2012/2013.
* Approved a Kone Maintenance Agreement for the City Hall elevator.
* Approved the Poe & Associates proposal and Cornejo and Sons proposal for Mike Street repair.
* Approved an ordinance approving the US 54/400 Corridor Study as an amendment by reference for informational purposes of the Amended Comprehensive Development Plan for the Andover Area, Kansas: 2004-2013.
* Authorized staff to proceed with paperwork for the proposed amendment to the Neighborhood Revitalization Plan.