The City of Andover's Municipal Court/training room will be getting a facelift.
Andover's City Council approved Police Chief Mike Keller's request Tuesday evening to accept Jim Gearhart Homes, LLC for the remodel project.
The project cost is $15,667, with $10,553.34 coming from unexpended funds from the remodel of the foyer/entryway. The remaining $5,114.66 the police department's 2011 general operating budget.
Keller explained the remodel will include the destruction and removal of the old Council Chamber bench and replacing it with a new raised panel judge's bench, replacing two doors and re-carpeting the room.
Keller noted that the remodel will better meet the needs of the court as well as the police department's need for a training room.
Later in the evening, the City Council ...
* Approved a request by Matt Cartwright for use of Central Park and the lodge on Oct. 23 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. for a Hunter's Education Course.
* Approved a resolution indicating the intent to issue Taxable Industrial Revenue Bonds in an amount not to exceed $1 million for the purpose of purchasing, acquiring, constructing, furnishing and equipping an expansion of Vornado Air.
* Approved a vacation order at 257 Village Rd. for the purpose of adding a third car garage.
* Accepted the revised petition outlining the new spread of special assessments at Cornerstone 3rd and approved an ordinance amending the spread of Cornerstone 3rd assessments.
* Approved a resolution amending the Code of Municipal Policies Position and Salary Classification plan.
* Approved a request for a proposal to purchase a new dump truck.